BioArtCamp ISEA Dubai
ISEA is the International Symposium on Electronic Art – it is an annual event that moves around the world each year. The series of symposia known as the International Symposium on Electronic Art was initiated in 1988 in order to support the founding and maintenance of an international network of organizations and individuals active in the field of the electronic arts. This network took the shape of an association, founded in 1990 in The Netherlands, called the Inter-Society for the Electronic Arts. The Board and membership of ISEA has always been international, bringing together individuals and organizations from around the world. From the founding of ISEA until 1996, the organization was based in the Netherlands. From 1996 to 2001, ISEA headquarters was based in Montréal, Canada. In 2009 a new Headquarters was established at the University of Brighton, United Kingdom. The Inter-Society existed for over 15 years as a membership organisation and in 2009 ISEA was changed from the association to a foundation in order to better serve its mission.
directed by Dr. Jennifer Willet from INCUBATOR Art Lab at The University of Windsor, Canada.
The BioARTCAMP video installation loops 11 short videos across three screens following artists
and scientists through their BioARTCAMP experiences. by Jeanette Groenendaal en Zoot Derks
BioARTCAMP was a camping expedition where 20 international artists, scientists, filmmakers, and students worked to build a portable bioart laboratory in Banff National Park. BioARTCAMP served as a “field research station” housing a biotechnology lab and avant garde art installation in the same tent.
The resulting installation is a crescendo of different BioARTCAMP personalities each wearing a brightly colored orange vest – capturing the complexity and the calamity what actually occurred when Jennifer Willet brought a variety of artists, and scientists, and specimens, and lab equipment together under a big tent in the Canadian Rocky Mountains!
Premiere BioARTCAMP Video Installation at WAAG Society 21 06 2013
LOOP Screen A
* Trailer BIOARTCAMP (16 min)
Scientists (60.20 minutes)
* Dr. Bulent Mutus Professor of Biochemistry at University of Windsor (16. 30min)
* Kurt Illerbrun PhD Candidate in Ecology, University of Alberta (17.30 min)
* Iain Baxter& (and Louise Baxter&) Artist, Professor Emeritus, University of Windsor (12.30 min)
* Angus Leech Musician, Artist, Writer, Interaction Designer Researcher Producer (14.30 min)
Artists (61 minutes)
* Paul Vanouse Artist, Professor of Visual Studies, University of Buffalo, Co- Director Emerging Practices MFA (30.30 min)
* Tagny Duff Interdisciplinary Artist , Researcher, Educator and Independent Curator (19.30min)
* Marta de Menezes PhD student University of Leiden, Artist, Director of Ectopia- and Cultivamos Cultura (11.30 min)
Context/ Production/ Philosophy (56.03 minutes)
* Dr Jennifer Willet Director of INCUBATOR, School of Visual Arts, University of Windsor (24.30)
* Dr Melenti Pandilovski, Director and Curator of Video Pool Winnipeg (13 min)
* Marie Pier Boucher PHD Art Art History and Visual Studies Duke University. (19 min)